Wednesday, January 4, 2017

THE HAPPINESS PROJECT 2017

So I'm four days late into this new project of mine, and usually I would've just given up on it because I didn't start exactly at the time I wanted to start, so it wasn't "perfect." But now, who cares, starting is starting. So here's to STARTING.

Towards the end of 2016, as I was gearing up to close out the year and begin a new one, I started re-reading 'The Happiness Project' by Gretchen Rubin. It has always been a book that resonated with me, but I never actually committed to finishing a happiness project of my own. So I thought why not do it in 2017?

2016 brought me some pretty incredible events and milestones! At the top of that list is my son Ralph. I spent this past year being pregnant and setting myself up to be a new mommy, and I'm so happy I gave myself the space and time to do so, because being a mom is not an easy task. In addition to having my son, my work as a yoga teacher was also flourishing, as were my personal relationships with people I love. But despite all of these blessings, I still sometimes had the tendency to brood and complain. And most of all, I noticed that my perfectionism was holding me back, It stopped me from taking chances and pushing myself. So I decided I wanted to do something about it. And here we are.

This year, I plan on dedicating each month to a bunch of new resolutions and work on building up my base level of happiness month by month, just as Rubin did. I will not let myself give up, even when  ESPECIALLY when it's not perfect. I'm not unhappy, and this project isn't just about being happier. This project is about being present in my happiness, savoring each moment of happiness, and being mindful as I steep in this happiness. I want to soak myself in the bliss as it is happening, rather than scroll through the pictures later. I want to have more faith, go to the edge more, be nicer, be kinder, take chances, fall down, and put myself out there. And I want to be present in my life, fully and actively engaged in this incredible journey.

Happy 2017 everyone! Thank You in advance for this amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment