Sunday, January 3, 2016

Happy New Year to me

It's January 3rd, 2016. A brand new year. And my rituals have begun to change.

I've decided this year is a year of commitment. I'm committing to being the person I know I am; the person I know I can be. There is what I do and what I don't do, everything else is just useless thinking. If I make a choice, I stick to it. If I start a project, I finish it. If I say yes, I see it through.

I woke up this morning itching to get on my meditation pillow. I was half asleep, it was still dark outside, and all I could think of was getting to my seat. And I did. It wasn't just a passing thought shut down by my ego. I got up, grabbed my pillow, and took it to the living room. I sat for a whole twelve minutes, without opening my eyes. I can't say that my mind was absolutely still, but hey, you gotta start somewhere.

Then I decided I wanted to read. But instead I climbed back into bed and laid awake for five minutes. Then I got up, grabbed my morning journal and book, made a cup of lemon tea, and sat down at the dining table to write and read.

Then I rolled out my yoga mat and practiced for fifteen minutes. A short and sweet flow, where I let my body take me where it wanted to go.

And now, I'm sitting here writing about it. So far, the last two hours have been a huge personal success. Thanks Universe!


No comments:

Post a Comment